Friday, September 27, 2013

a mummy, a bat, and some creepy hands






I was so excited to make the mummy this year, I actually made it in July :) with the help
of my 14 year old son, unfortunately there was a casualty in the making, his prized silicone bracelet
he got while we were in Paris :( so warning if you are going to make the mummy make sure all
jewelry is off and you are wearing clothes you don't care about because scissors are involved!

I found a great tutorial here http://craftymommyandme.blogspot.ca
for the mummy, it was a little harder than I thought it would be, I used packing paper in the end
to stuff it, it worked much better than the plastic sacks.

The bat is inspired by Disney, they had it in one of their store windows, I bought the cage at hobby lobby and the bat was a perfect squishy bat from Target.

The hands are another favorite part of Halloween this year I love this pic

and wanted to recreate it, so you can imagine my excitement when I walked into Taipan and
saw these beauties, I know it's not the same, but it works just fine for me!
Some day I might figure out how to make this actually design though!

The End

No comments:

Post a Comment